Modelo Lion's Lair sweepstakes 2021
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR ENTRY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Modelo Lion’s Lair Sweepstakes 2021 (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (“Eligibility Area”) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a Prize: (a) persons who are employees or agents of Crown Imports LLC, the Administrators (as defined below) and Zuffa, LLC, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors and the service agencies or independent contractors of any of the above organizations; (b) suppliers, distributors or retailers of alcohol beverage products; (c) individuals engaged in the development of, the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of this Sweepstakes; or (d) employees of, persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the preceding categories. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside Eligibility Area and where restricted or prohibited by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Crown Imports LLC, 131 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60603. Administrators: Friasworks, Inc., 219 E. Washington Ave Santa Ana, CA 92701
3. Timing/Entry Periods: The Sweepstakes begins on June 12, 2021 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on July 3, 2021 at 11:59 PM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes Period is subject to two (2) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”). For each Entry Period, sixty (60) Prize Prize Winners (each, a “Prize Prize Winner”) will be selected and each will receive a Prize (each, a “Prize”). Non-winning eligible entries from previous Entry Periods will not carry over and will not be eligible for subsequent random drawings. In order to be eligible to win a Prize in an Entry Period, Entrant must enter each Entry Period separately. See the “How to Enter”, “Random Drawing(s)” and “Prizes” sections for complete details. For purposes of these Official Rules, all times are given in ET. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter: (a) During the Sweepstakes Period, visit (the “Website”) and completely fill out the Sweepstakes entry form. Then press the “Submit” button to receive one (1) entry into the drawing associated with the Entry Period for which the “Submit” button was clicked. Entry Limits: Limit of one (1) entry per person per calendar day (for purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “calendar day” is defined as beginning at 12:00 AM ET and ending at 11:59 PM ET on any one (1) calendar date). Non-winning eligible entries from previous Entry Periods will not carry over and will not be eligible for subsequent random drawings. In order to be eligible to win a Prize in any Entry Period, Entrants must enter each Entry Period separately. The total number of entries a person may receive in the first Entry Period is fifteen (15). The total number of entries a person may receive in the second Entry Period is twenty-one (21). For purposes of this Sweepstakes, an online entry is “received” when the Website’s servers record the entry information after the “Submit” button is clicked by the Entrant. Proof of sending (such as an automated computer receipt confirming entry or “thanks for entering” message) does not constitute proof of actual receipt of an entry for purposes of this Sweepstakes. The Website’s database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different addresses, identities or registrations, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated, robotic, repetitive, programmed or similar entry methods or agents to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Facsimile and mechanically reproduced entries will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any participation, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. The potential Prize Winner may be required to show proof that he/she is the authorized account holder. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries will not be judged but must adhere to the entry guidelines indicated herein, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion.
5. Timing, Available PrizePrizes & Approximate Retail Value: There will be sixty (60) Prizes awarded per Entry Period. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of Prizes awarded per Entry Period is $10,100 broken down as follows:
Prizes: PPV Code and gift card terms and conditions apply. Prizes are subject to availability and other restrictions. Prizes consist of only the items specifically listed as part of the prize. Each prize winner and guest are solely responsible for all other expenses not specifically set forth herein, including but not limited any incidentals and items of a personal nature. Prize details not specified herein shall be determined solely by Sponsor. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. No alcohol is awarded in any prize. UFC event dates and times, and fight card, are subject to change. Sponsor is not responsible if the UFC event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, or for issues arising from the operation and management of the UFC event, in which event the prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In the event the UFC event is cancelled or postponed, Sponsor will have no obligation to award compensation in lieu thereof. The names of individuals, companies, products and/or logos are used for identification purposes only and are the intellectual property of their respective owners. The mention of any entity, or the inclusion of a product or service as a prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such entity or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred. Resale of prize(s) is prohibited. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $335.00. Actual value may vary. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive any difference between the actual value and ARV of a prize. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award all available prizes, Sponsor is not obligated to award remaining prizes and no additional random drawings will take place. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. In the event of prize unavailability, if the Sweepstakes becomes impossible or commercially unreasonable to administrate, or any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, postpone, or modify (in whole or in part) the Sweepstakes. Winner(s) are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize award, receipt and/or use. Failure to complete selected travel, attend event, or use hotel accommodations does not relieve winner of his/her tax obligations associated with acceptance of a prize. Sweepstakes winnings will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service and winner can expect to receive a 1099 tax form for prizes which total more than $600.00 for the year. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Total ARV of all prizes: $1675.00. Limit one (1) prize per entrant.
6. Random Drawing(s): Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential Prize Winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Prize Winners will be selected for each Entry Period in two (2) individual random drawings conducted from all eligible entries received during each respective Entry Period based on the following schedule: on or about February 8, 2021 (Entry Period 1) and March 1, 2021 (Entry Period 2). Odds of winning a Prize in any Entry Period depend on the number of eligible entries received during the respective Entry Period. Non-winning eligible entries do not carry over.
The potential Prize Winner(s) will be notified by mail, email or phone on or about the first business day following the random drawing in which they were selected. Each potential Prize Winner of Prizes valued at or greater than $25.00, may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within three (3) calendar days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release (a written “Affidavit”) in order to claim his/her Prize. In the event that (i) a potential Prize Winner cannot be contacted, (ii) potential Prize Winner fails to sign (when required) and return the Affidavit within the required time period, (iii) either the Prize notification or Prize are returned as undeliverable, or (iv) the Prize is declined for any reason, will result in disqualification without further notice and potential Prize Winner forfeits Prize. Potential Prize Winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate Prize Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the respective Entry Period.
7. Release: Prize Winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrators, Zuffa, LLC, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and Prize suppliers, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in or in connection with the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. Released Parties are not responsible for technical, hardware, network connections or incomplete or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. All Entrants understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state, territory, or country that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. All participating Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Prize Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of each Prize Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, quotes, statements, opinions, biographical information and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereinafter invented, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, any other promotion or applicable law, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. By entering the Sweepstakes and accepting a Prize, each Prize Winner agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally-accepted social practices in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or Prize-related activity. Each Prize Winner understands and agrees that Sponsor or the Administrators have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Prize Winner (and/or his/her guest, if applicable) from any activity at any time if the Prize Winner’s (and/or his/her guest’s) behavior at any point (i) is uncooperative or disruptive; (ii) annoys, threatens, or harasses any other person; (iii) may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor or a Prize provider; or (iv) otherwise violates the policies of the Prize provider; and, in such a case, the Prize Winner will forfeit all remaining elements of the Prize and still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses related to the Prize.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software whether originating with Entrant, Sponsor, or any third party; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, misdirected, illegible, damaged, incomplete, incorrect, stolen, or postage due entries/mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, unless it is not possible to award another entry due to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. In the event of a discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance, and in no event will more than the stated number of Prizes be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
11. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and/or accepting an awarded Prize, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Cook County, Illinois, having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., evidenced costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winner List: For the names of the Prize Winners or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 31, 2021 to: Friasworks, Inc., Attn: Administrator, 30767 Gateway Place #179 Rancho Mission Viejo, CA 92694. Please specify “Winner’s List” or “Official Rules Request” on the outside of the envelope.
Drink responsibly®. Modelo Especial® Beer. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL